lunedì 21 luglio 2008

MAXY Mimosa Cake

The image of this cake will always reminds me of the lovely Sunday with Roxy, Maxy and the little sweet Emma...

...a very Special day, our first meal together, after eight years we'd known...
a day, we'd been thinking about for all that time, a day, several times planned and postponed, like worried it wouln't have been yet the "right time"...
However, the Desire of something, I believe, makes it always Special and even more valuable...though, very often, you feel so excited that you can't manage everything as you would like...
Infact, I  would have taken a picture of Maxy at the barbecue, or one of Emma playing with the soap bubbles... I would not have forgotten a toast to that day, so much wanted!!!
Anyway, I will surely keep anything in my heart...
I love to call the cake, the MAXY Mimosa Cake...because it was Maxy asking for it on the occasion of our meal together... He doesn't like all kinds of cake...but, looking at him eating the ones he prefers, it is really pleasing...!!!
We all liked this MAXY Mimosa,... but, I won't forget to thank Maxy for the gorgeous grill (lamb and pork cutlets, sausages, beef steak) !!! Specially for Me, who love meat, it's been a great enjoyment !!!
Talking about the cake...
it is basically a Sponge Cake (24cm springform pan), cut in three layers.
The first two layers, moistened with some pineapple juice, scattered with chopped pineapple slices in syrup and spread with Chantilly Custard. The third layer, once removed the brown peel, is crumbled  all over the cake to get the "Mimosa Effect".
When I served myself a big slice of the cake, I sprinkled on the top, drops of  original Coconut Caribbean Rum...MARVELLOUS!
For the Sponge (Pan di Spagna), the Custard Sauce (Crema Pasticcera) and for the Chantilly Custard Sauce, please, translate from the below post or contact me...

Nessun commento: