lunedì 30 giugno 2008

Fried Fish


I must admit I love fried food...I think any edible thing, when fried, is good, isn't it..., is so tasty!

...and not always eating fried food would spoil a balanced diet. Infact, use the proper oil, the right amount of it, at the right temperature, make a good batter and you'll get an healthy fry.

I had 2 hakes, 10 sardines, 200gr squid rings...
After coating the fish with a light batter, I deep fried each kind separately (from the biggest ones) in a pan with about 1 litre of peanut oil, at 170°C... It took 8 minutes for the hakes and 3-4 for the other. Remember the more oil is used the less absorbed...
I used rice flour (for drier and crispier texture) with salt and sparkling water enough to make a fluid and dense batter.

Satisfying the results...a good start for this weekend...


Nessun commento: